Topic: do not relay spam, virii, etc.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.87
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Greetings. The user specified by spam_admin_maps and virus_admin_maps receives notifications of every spam and virus email. These notifications all say that "The message WILL BE relayed to:" the recipient's address.

I've figured out how to disable notifications (just comment out those *_maps lines and restart amavisd), but how to configure the system so these messages WILL NOT be relayed to recipients? My preference would be for the admin to review the spam and virus quarantine cache periodically.

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: do not relay spam, virii, etc.

Please search "warn" in Amavisd config file. There're several parameters to control whether Amavisd should warn sender/recipient if spam/virus detected.

Thanks. I think you are referring to the $warnvirusrecip and $warnbannedrecip variables. Is this true?

If I understand correctly, enabling these variables will send a warning mail to the recipient, just as the administrator currently receives a warning. Is that true? If so, that is not what I am trying to accomplish.

My question is how NOT to relay spam, virii, and other bad mail to the recipient. In other words, bad mail should be quarantined immediately. It SHOULD NOT be relayed to the user. How to accomplish that?

Thanks!

Sorry for my misunderstood, then you need this tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … ining.SPAM

I may have found the problem. In /usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf, there are two instances of

$final_virus_destiny
$final_banned_destiny
$final_spam_destiny     
$final_bad_header_destiny

In the first set of instances the actions are all set to D_DISCARD, but in the second set some were set to D_PASS.

I have changed all to D_DISCARD and I hope this clears up the problem.