Topic: Error 500

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====I just yesterday installed on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine iRedMail 0.8.7 and everything seemed to go fine.  When I try to login as Admin on my local machine it gives that Internal Error 500. I selected MySQL on the install. I also notice there are about 350 mb of updates needing to be done, but when I click install, they all Fail.  Any suggestions?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Error 500

Any related error log in Apache log file (/var/log/apache/*)?

I have attached the log file.  I see a couple things that do not look right???

By the way, I finally got those 204 files to update.

As you can see in Apache "error_log":

[Mon Jul 14 15:49:29 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.101] OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'iredadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")

You don't have correct SQL password for SQL user "iredadmin" in iRedAdmin config file /usr/share/apache2/iredadmin/settings.py.

Also, please try to extract related log then paste them here, don't simply attach the whole log file, don't be lazy.

Hi I have a similar error here, i've been looking through the forum but this post is as close as ive come to a reason for the 500 error. I (stupidy) ran 'do-release-upgrade' from my ubuntu 12.10 droplet, and it totally broke my mail server. i have managed to get it sending and recieving mail again, but i cant access the admin control @ /iredadmin  . ive tried changing the permissions on settings.py to 0400 + 0700 but still the same.

I then tried a2enmod iredadmin, and it came back with 'iredadmin not found'.

Please, any help in the right direction would be most appreciated big_smile

smokeythestokey wrote:

ive come to a reason for the 500 error.

So you're running Ubuntu 14.04 now?
What's the error message in Apache log file (/var/log/apache2/error_log) related to this 500 error?

Important note: Please always post your own questions in a new forum topic, do not hijack other's thread.

Appreciate your effort to help me Zhang. But because of legal reasons I will not be able to setup iRedMail as I had hoped to do.  So it's back to the drawing board on an email server (service).

OK. Since we don't have issue anymore, this thread will be closed immediately.