Topic: Spamassassin updates?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

It seems that, after running iRedMail for several months, the Spamassassin rules weren't updating. The rules in /usr/share/spamassassin hadn't changed since February 13. I manually ran sa-update this evening, which created a whole new set of rules in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.003002.

Then I started investigating, and noticed that the shell script /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin exists. I ran it in debug mode (using bash -x) and the result was that no update happened. Then I noticed that the script loads the file /etc/default/spamassassin. At the bottom of this file is the line:

CRON=0

and some text indicating that it's necessary to change this something non-zero for daily updates to happen.

Should this be changed to 1 for Spamassassin to update its rules, or is this handled in some other fashion by iRedMail?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spamassassin updates?

You're right, iRedMail should set 'CRON=1' in /etc/default/spamassassin.
It was set in /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin before, and iRedMail doesn't follow this change to update /etc/default/spamassassin.

Thanks for confirming. Do I need to file a bug for this, or will it be fixed in the next version automatically?

Fixed yesterday after you reported this:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/comm … 4901a8e8a7