Topic: Change IP address of iRedmail server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  iRedAdmin-Pro v1.6.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  3.5.0-23-generic #35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I do have tried to search for an solution/guide. But I would like to know which things to change if we move the server to a new hosting center = new ip address? I can't imagine that we are the first to give a iRedmail server a new IP address.

Hope you can help.

Best regards

Martin Birch

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Change IP address of iRedmail server

No components have a hard-coded IP address (except '127.0.0.1') in its config file, so you're free to switch to another IP address.

Hello!

I run an Iredmail server in a Hyper -V Instanz, all is runing fine. Now I want to move the sysem to a different cluster. I change  IP Setting on my centos server. Ping etc is working, DNS is changed to the new fixed ip. Outgoing mail is working. I can´t receive emails from outside. What have I missed!

Thanks for support!!

Regards Sven

hege wrote:

Outgoing mail is working. I can´t receive emails from outside.

Did you update MX record of your mail domain name?

Hi hege

Well two years ago I migrated our mail server, I don't remember exactly network error, but fixed it in /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.cof

I hope this help you to fix your issue.