Topic: iRedAdmin-Pro password policy settings

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

after upgrading to iredmail 0.8.7 and iRedAdmin-Pro 2.1.2 the password policy in iRedAdmin-Pro seems to be stricter now, uppercase letters etc. are now required. The roundcube settings are alright and seems not to interfer. Where/how can i adjust those settings ?

Best regards

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin-Pro password policy settings

Roundcube uses different restriction rules defined in its 'password' plugin config file. On Debian/Ubuntu, it's /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Roundcube uses different restriction rules defined in its 'password' plugin config file. On Debian/Ubuntu, it's /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/plugins/password/config.inc.php.

Thank you for the fast reply.
Snip of my config.inc.ph ...

// Require the new password to be a certain length.
// set to blank to allow passwords of any length
$rcmail_config['password_minimum_length'] = 8;

// Require the new password to contain a letter and punctuation character
// Change to false to remove this check.
$rcmail_config['password_require_nonalpha'] = false;

I restarted apache also after changing to ['password_require_nonalpha'] = false, but the problem still exists. I can't change a users password to e.g. demotest, the message "no uppercase letters" occours.

jobu wrote:

the message "no uppercase letters" occours.

Is this original error message? Did you get this message while changing password in Roundcube? or iRedAdmin-Pro? If it's iRedAdmin-Pro, please change it in iRedAdmin-Pro config file. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic6981 … sword.html

I got the message while changing the password in iRedAdmin-Pro. The mentionend topic http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic6981 … sword.html and restart of Apache fixed my problem.
Thanks for support and sorry for me not finding the topic on my own.