1 (edited by Richard11 2014-06-15 22:04:24)

Topic: Some Quetions About iRedMail

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: -------
====
I have some questions about iRedMail:-
1. If Move Spam to Junk filter is not set then where the spam will go?
2. How do i set Move spam to Junk by default for every user?
3. How mails are classified as spam?
4. How to classify hosts as trusted or not trusted?
5. I want to create a new folder for every user and for future new uses also, how do i do that??I want to move all mails that are sent as group emails(mostly advertisements.) to that folder.
6. HOw can i host the RoundCube mail on another host?(to save my vps' RAM)
7. How can i set the auto-reponse mail more specific such add current date get sender's name via mysql database?
8. How can i store my emails on a different host via ftp?
Thank You!

2

Re: Some Quetions About iRedMail

Richard11 wrote:

1. If Move Spam to Junk filter is not set then where the spam will go?

Delivered to INBOX.

Richard11 wrote:

2. How do i set Move spam to Junk by default for every user?

Add a global sieve rule in Dovecot (parameter 'sieve_before' or 'sieve_after').

Richard11 wrote:

3. How mails are classified as spam?

Detected by SpamAssassin.

Richard11 wrote:

4. How to classify hosts as trusted or not trusted?

Several ways. e.g. list the host in Postfix "mynetworks" parameter.

Richard11 wrote:

5. I want to create a new folder for every user and for future new uses also, how do i do that??I want to move all mails that are sent as group emails(mostly advertisements.) to that folder.

Make this folder auto-subscribed in Dovecot, and create sieve to move mail to folder.

Richard11 wrote:

6. HOw can i host the RoundCube mail on another host?(to save my vps' RAM)

Just setup web server (Apache/Nginx/...) and Roundcube webmail, but point IMAP/SMTP server to the real mail server in Roundcube config file.

Richard11 wrote:

7. How can i set the auto-reponse mail more specific such add current date get sender's name via mysql database?

Vacation message is sent by sieve rule/script, as far as i know, you cannot query SQL database with sieve rule.

Richard11 wrote:

8. How can i store my emails on a different host via ftp?

Currently, only on local file system or mounted remote file system (e.g. NFS). Why ftp?

3

Re: Some Quetions About iRedMail

@3. how spammassin detect an email as spam.
@5. Please tell me exactly what i have to do, which conf. to edit etc.
@6. what are the config. files that i have to edit?
@7. It would be ok that a php script is ran with mail sender's add. and content.(such aa.php?sender=something&content=something), i don't think that it is impossible bcoz i mailed a site and a mail instantly came to me specifying my user id.
@8. bcoz my vps have only 10GB space, so i would like to move emails to shared hosting.

4

Re: Some Quetions About iRedMail

Richard11 wrote:

@3. how spammassin detect an email as spam.

Well, it's beyond my knowledge, it's better to check SpamAssassin official document. http://spamassassin.apache.org

Richard11 wrote:

5. I want to create a new folder for every user and for future new uses also, how do i do that??I want to move all mails that are sent as group emails(mostly advertisements.) to that folder.

@5. Please tell me exactly what i have to do, which conf. to edit etc.

Edit /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf. There're several folder settings in this file, please check it.

Richard11 wrote:

@6. what are the config. files that i have to edit?

config/config.inc.php under Roundcube directory.