Topic: Installation failed, please check the terminal output.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Amazone Linux
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
< INFO > Import installation process status from file: /var/www/html/iRedMail/iRedMail-0.8.7/.status.
< INFO > Installing package(s): mysql-server.x86_64 mysql.x86_64 httpd.x86_64 mod_ssl.x86_64 php.x86_64 php-common.x86_64 php-gd.x86_64 php-xml.x86_64 php-mysql.x86_64 php-ldap.x86_64 php-pgsql.x86_64 php-imap.x86_64 php-mbstring.x86_64 php-pecl-apc.x86_64 postfix.x86_64 cluebringer perl-DBD-MySQL.x86_64 perl-DBD-Pg.x86_64 dovecot.x86_64 dovecot-managesieve.x86_64 dovecot-pigeonhole.x86_64 clamd.x86_64 clamav.x86_64 clamav-db.x86_64 spamassassin.x86_64 altermime.x86_64 perl-LDAP.noarch perl-Mail-SPF.noarch amavisd-new.noarch MySQL-python.x86_64 python-jinja2.x86_64 python-webpy.noarch mod_wsgi.x86_64 awstats.noarch mod_auth_mysql.x86_64 fail2ban bzip2.x86_64 acl.x86_64 patch.x86_64 tmpwatch.x86_64 crontabs.noarch dos2unix.x86_64 logwatch
Loaded plugins: priorities, update-motd, upgrade-helper
43 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
:
:
:
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: clamd-0.97.7-1.el6.rf.x86_64 (iRedMail)
           Requires: clamav = 0.97.7-1.el6.rf
           Installing: clamav-0.98.1-1.3.amzn1.x86_64 (amzn-updates)
               clamav = 0.98.1-1.3.amzn1
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
< ERROR > Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
< ERROR > If you're not sure what the problem is, try to get help in iRedMail

What could have gone wrong? Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation failed, please check the terminal output.

sithija wrote:

Installing: clamav-0.98.1-1.3.amzn1.x86_64 (amzn-updates)

You have third-party yum repository 'amzn-updates' enabled, package 'clamav' in this repository is conflict with the one in iRedMail yum repository.

As clearly mentioned in iRedMail installation, you have to DISABLE all third-party yum repositories before installing iRedMail. Then install iRedMail again.

By the way, it doesn't make sense here, iRedMail should install clamav from 'EPEL' yum repository, not iRedMail repository. Could you please show us output of below command:

# yum repolist

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-12-113 iRedMail-0.8.7]$ yum repolist
Loaded plugins: priorities, update-motd, upgrade-helper
2550 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
repo id                     repo name                                status
amzn-main/latest            amzn-main-Base                                 4,801
amzn-updates/latest         amzn-updates-Base                                914
iRedMail                    iRedMail                                       40+43
rpmforge                    RHEL latest - RPMforge.net - dag         8,863+2,507
repolist: 14,618
[ec2-user@ip-172-31-12-113 iRedMail-0.8.7]$

I did an OS version change according to this post. http://inboxs.com/?p=15. That is because I was getting an error message saying something like "The operating system in this server is unsupported by iRedMail"

And please tell me how to DISABLE all third-party yum repositories

Looks like Amazon instance replaces CentOS repositories by its own repositories, but we test iRedMail on CentOS, not Amazon EC2.
Could you please show me file content in all files under /etc/yum.repos.d/?

Hi Zhang

All files are here. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmx51vpvy17snk7/Downloads.zip

1) Find 'enabled = 1' in /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo, set it to 'enabled = 0'.
2) Comment out 'priority=10' in /etc/yum.repos.d/amzn-main.repo and amzn-updates.repo.

Then try again.

Hi Zhang,

Still no luck. The error is changed. But still try to install and fails. Here is a copy of my teminal. http://pastebin.com/evT16tMu . Is clamav installed or partially installed or not installed or installed version and the version trying to install is conflicting. I do not understand.

And I do not understand "DISABLE all third-party yum repositories". It's been only one month I have been started working on Linux. What should be my next step?

Hi Zhang,

You said iRedMail should install clamav from 'EPEL' yum repository, not iRedMail repository. But it tries to install from IredMail repo. The iredmail yum repository does not seem to contain clamav-filesystem, and the clamav-filesystem package in the amazon repository doesn't seem to be accepted. Is there way to skip this step by pre-installing clamav or something else?

Looks like Amazon yum repositories has different package names than RHEL/CentOS yum repositories, we didn't test Amazon yum repositories at all, so cannot avoid the package conflict. No good idea except hard-code the package names for this Amazon instance.

Do you think it will work if we switch to Amazon Ubuntu instance?

Try this solution (for Amazon CentOS instance):

1: Create file /etc/redhat-release with below content, so that iRedMail will consider its a CentOS Linux 6.

CentOS Linux 6

2: open file iRedMail-0.8.7/conf/global, find below lines:

export PKG_ARCH=".${OS_ARCH}"
        if [ X"${OS_ARCH}" == X"i386" ]; then
            export PKG_ARCH=''
        fi

Comment out 1st, 2nd, 4th lines like below:

#export PKG_ARCH=".${OS_ARCH}"
        #if [ X"${OS_ARCH}" == X"i386" ]; then
            export PKG_ARCH=''
        #fi

3: Open file iRedMail-0.8.7/functions/packages.sh, find below lines:

if [ X"${DISTRO}" == X"RHEL" ]; then
        ALL_PKGS="${ALL_PKGS} clamd${PKG_ARCH} clamav${PKG_ARCH} clamav-db${PKG_ARCH} spamassassin${PKG_ARCH} altermime${PKG_ARCH} perl-LDAP.noarch perl-Mail-SPF.noarch amavisd-new.noarch"

Remove 'clamav${PKG_ARCH}' in 2nd line:

if [ X"${DISTRO}" == X"RHEL" ]; then
        ALL_PKGS="${ALL_PKGS} clamd${PKG_ARCH} clamav-db${PKG_ARCH} spamassassin${PKG_ARCH} altermime${PKG_ARCH} perl-LDAP.noarch perl-Mail-SPF.noarch amavisd-new.noarch"

4: Run iRedMail installer with below command:

# YUM='yum --disableplugin=priorities' bash iRedMail.sh

Important note: We improved iRedMail to support Amazon EC2 instances moment ago, you won't need above steps with next release of iRedMail, just a "bash iRedMail.sh".

Hi Zhang,

Thanks for the help. We have another problem now. Before that, we installed iRedMail like this. First we installed clamav from EPEL. Then disabled EPEL and bash iRedMail.sh. Installation successfully completed.

There are lot of files added in conf.d folder. And the installation is done in /var/www/ location. Can we copy those files and folders to /var/www/html/ without any problem?

Our HTTPS times out. We could not figure out yet. How can we browse in HTTP?

14 (edited by sithija 2014-06-07 11:54:15)

Oh. Another question. We have not pointed any domain yet. So it is like this.
httpS://ip-172-31-12-113.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal/mail/
We browse our sites with our static (elastic) IP address for now. Is that a problem?

sithija wrote:

We browse our sites with our static (elastic) IP address for now. Is that a problem?

This is not a problem. You should point your domain name in DNS to this IP address, then it's ok to access your site with your domain name.

Personally, i suggest you try above solution to install a new iRedMail server to avoid potential iRedMail issues.

Should I remove previous installation before installing again?
Should I enable EPEL?
I need it to be installed to /var/www/html/. Where is that configuration?

What you need to do:

1: Restore your Amazon EC2 instance (CentOS) to a fresh new server OS.
2: Download iRedMail-0.8.7 and apply changes mentioned in previous reply: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/post30919.html#p30919
3: Install iRedMail by following iRedMail installation tutorial: http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmail_on_rhel.html

Important note: You don't need to DISABLE Amazon yum repositories.