1 (edited by zaqxsw 2014-06-02 05:04:26)

Topic: iRedMail with AD integration - lists

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP (Active Directory integrated)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,
i just finished installing iRedMail and hooking it up to my AD domain (LDAP). I have a question about lists. At the moment i can make a group (lets say team1 for example, with two members, test1 and test2) and when i send a mail to team1@mydomain.com, everything works just fine... they both get the letter.

There are two things however that bother me. First is that i have used mailman thus far for mailing list and I find it very good that it adds [List_Name] at the beginning of every letter (that comes from list) making the "list letters" very easy to identify. I was wondering is it possible to make something like that to my current setup as well?

Second problem  is that at the moment anyone (from my domain at least) can send mails to the list, but i'd like to set it so, that only members of the team1 group can send mail into that list.

PS: Ofc one possibility would be to install mailman, but i'm not sure how to make it work with my current setup (because i changed quite a lot of stuff following this guide)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail with AD integration - lists

zaqxsw wrote:

I was wondering is it possible to make something like that to my current setup as well?

Current implementation doesn't modify mail source, so you cannot achieve it. You need a mailing list management tool for this purpose. e.g. Mailman.

zaqxsw wrote:

Second problem  is that at the moment anyone (from my domain at least) can send mails to the list, but i'd like to set it so, that only members of the team1 group can send mail into that list.

We have iRedAPD plugin '/opt/iredapd/plugins/ldap_maillist_access_policy.py' for this purpose, but it works with only OpenLDAP, you have to modify it to make it work with AD yourself.

Re: iRedMail with AD integration - lists

Thank you for your response. I managed to install mailman somehow and it seems to be working, so i'm all good.