26

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

fsantiago06111979 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Looks like Amavisd didn't store quarantine id in quarantined mail header 'X-Quarantine-ID'. Did you please track SQL log of Amavisd storing quarantined mail?

I tried watching it. I didn't see anything obvious. I will attach the log ASAP. Thanks.

attached is my maillog including yesterday's activities and some time with amavisd logging set at level 5. the timeframes were during our back & forth yesterday so roughly around 11am-1pm EST. Thanks.

Post's attachments

maillog.zip 264.94 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-05-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

27

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

1: You didn't enable debug mode in Amavisd, cannot find SQL related log (Amavisd inserts mail log and quarantines mails).
2: I filtered log with 'error', several issues but not related to your topic:

May 20 12:24:21 mail postfix/error[25546]: 5D0731513D: to=<mailman-owner@lists.garden-lan.com>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

You don't have proper transport for this Mailman account.

May 22 11:47:13 mail amavis[13390]: (13390-03) WARN: MIME::Parser error: couldn't parse head; error near:; .bat; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit; Content-Disposition: attachment;; filename=attached\134; .bat

Amavisd cannot parse this email which contains attachment. It's ok to ignore it, Amavisd will handle this.

I see there're several SPAM were quarantined, are they all cannot be released (mail content doesn't matter)?

28

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1: You didn't enable debug mode in Amavisd, cannot find SQL related log (Amavisd inserts mail log and quarantines mails).
2: I filtered log with 'error', several issues but not related to your topic:

May 20 12:24:21 mail postfix/error[25546]: 5D0731513D: to=<mailman-owner@lists.garden-lan.com>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

You don't have proper transport for this Mailman account.

May 22 11:47:13 mail amavis[13390]: (13390-03) WARN: MIME::Parser error: couldn't parse head; error near:; .bat; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit; Content-Disposition: attachment;; filename=attached\134; .bat

Amavisd cannot parse this email which contains attachment. It's ok to ignore it, Amavisd will handle this.

I see there're several SPAM were quarantined, are they all cannot be released (mail content doesn't matter)?

The transport error with mailman has been fixed. That's an old entry.

I get several quarantines every day of all types and never do they release so type doesn't matter.

Thank you. Do you still want to log in remotely? It doesn't have to be free; I can & will pay your urgent support fee.

29

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

fsantiago06111979 wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:

1: You didn't enable debug mode in Amavisd, cannot find SQL related log (Amavisd inserts mail log and quarantines mails).
2: I filtered log with 'error', several issues but not related to your topic:

May 20 12:24:21 mail postfix/error[25546]: 5D0731513D: to=<mailman-owner@lists.garden-lan.com>, relay=none, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

You don't have proper transport for this Mailman account.

May 22 11:47:13 mail amavis[13390]: (13390-03) WARN: MIME::Parser error: couldn't parse head; error near:; .bat; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit; Content-Disposition: attachment;; filename=attached\134; .bat

Amavisd cannot parse this email which contains attachment. It's ok to ignore it, Amavisd will handle this.

I see there're several SPAM were quarantined, are they all cannot be released (mail content doesn't matter)?

The transport error with mailman has been fixed. That's an old entry.

I get several quarantines every day of all types and never do they release so type doesn't matter.

Thank you. Do you still want to log in remotely? It doesn't have to be free; I can & will pay your urgent support fee.

I've attached a segment of my maillog showing quarantined mail coming in and trying to be released, with amavisd logging level 5 and syslog_priority set to debug. let me know if you see anything. thanks.

Post's attachments

20140523_amavisd_q_release_errors_debug_logging.txt 149.72 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-05-23 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

30

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

I cannot find any error in Amavisd log.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

Thank you. Do you still want to log in remotely? It doesn't have to be free; I can & will pay your urgent support fee.

Yes, debug remotely via ssh is preferred. If it's free if it's an iRedAdmin-Pro issue, otherwise it will cost you a support ticket ($39):
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

31

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I cannot find any error in Amavisd log.

fsantiago06111979 wrote:

Thank you. Do you still want to log in remotely? It doesn't have to be free; I can & will pay your urgent support fee.

Yes, debug remotely via ssh is preferred. If it's free if it's an iRedAdmin-Pro issue, otherwise it will cost you a support ticket ($39):
http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

Ok send me a private email with what you need from me, account wise to handle your troubleshooting, and I'll set it right up.

32

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

We got it solved. Thanks Zhang! So apparently:

"I found a strange issue: column definitions of some "amavisd.msgs" tables have
slight differences than the one shipped in iRedMail.
To be clear, current value of column "msgs.mail_id" is something like this:

amavisd=> select mail_id from msgs limit 10;
         mail_id           
----------------------------
\x6d385a38524e515147594771
\x635a4d72776a7168724d6738
\x4f7a5f4f5353664b617a7242
\x7956712d2d66463151306633
\x78346e6e5938364b69315330
\x7944513146676173792d3177
\x6d75746d48764d474d553471
\x6f6e796a44614e7a79775474
\x67317a756743417168584361
\x4f4252656a6c3558644a6965

While checking SQL column definition, "secret_id" (and some more) is: default '\x'::bytea. In iRedMail sample SQL file, it's: default ''.

Looks like you set the PostgreSQL parameter 'bytea_output' to 'hex', but it should
be 'escape' here. I altered (only) "amavisd" database to set 'bytea_output=escape',
and now it looks fine:

amavisd=> select mail_id from msgs limit 10;
  mail_id   
--------------
m8Z8RNQQGYGq
cZMrwjqhrMg8
Oz_OSSfKazrB
yVq--fF1Q0f3
x4nnY86Ki1S0
yDQ1Fgasy-1w
mutmHvMGMU4q
onyjDaNzywTt
g1zugCAqhXCa
OBRejl5XdJie

So, could you please try to release quarantined mails with iRedAdmin-Pro right now?
I guess it now works as expected."

That did the trick. Thanks for all your help in investigating this and figuring it out.

- Fabian S.

33

Re: Quarantine release doesn't work after iRedAdmin-Pro upgrade

SQL command i executed to alter 'bytea_output' parameter:

# su - postgres
$ psql -d amavisd
pgsql> ALTER DATABASE amavisd SET bytea_output TO 'escape';