Topic: iRedMail with MySQL not working

I'm trying to install  iRedMail-0.8.6 with MySQL(I successfully installed it with LDAP with no problem) however after installing it I'm unable to use RoundCube and login to it. iRedMail seems successfully installed and I can login in the admin panel, but for ordinary users the webmail from RoundCube is unaccessible. The error message that RoundCube displays is:

Connection to storage server failed.

When looking in the logs - mail.err I see the following:

IMAP Error: Login failed for xxx@xxx.com from 37.xxx.xxx.xxx. Could not connect to 127.0.0.1:143

I will be thankful for any feedback!

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail with MySQL not working

Any related log in /var/log/dovecot.log?

No, the dovecat log is completely empty. I see only this message in mail.err

No idea yet, cannot help without related log.
Not sure whether it's caused by incomplete/failed iRedMail installation, I suggest reinstall OS and iRedMail if possible.

I will try. The thing is that I already did this with brand new installation of ubuntu and iRedmail. In between I installed it with LDAP and it worked perfectly. Only with mysql it will not start. There is one more thing in the mail.err log I forgot to paste:

Connection refused in /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail-0.9.5/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php on line 184 (POST /mail/?_task=login&_action=login)
May 22 12:02:21 ip-10-50-47-70 postfix/pipe[20418]: fatal: get_service_attr: unknown username: vmail

6 (edited by kikominev 2014-05-22 21:36:25)

Actually, after restarting dovecot the dovecot.log now says

May 22 12:53:38 master: Fatal: service(dict) User doesn't exist: vmail (See service dict { unix_listener /var/run/dovecot/dict { user } } setting)

also I checked if I can tellnet 143 for IMAP and it was unsuccessful. It probably has something to do with the above error message and user vmail?

I think it has something to do with the missing vmail user as described here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showth … amp;page=2 but I'm not sure what's the correct way to configure it.

Looks like SQL user "vmail" was not created. It should be created during iRedMail installation. I suggest you try to re-install OS and iRedMail again, and check all terminal output. Save all output, if iRedMail doesn't work as expected, paste saved output here so that others can help troubleshoot.

Tell us what method You have used to install iRedMail? Was it a local install or You did it remotely by ssh?