1

Topic: Instalation problem with MySQL on 0.8.7 (FreeBSD 10)

********************************************************************
* Start iRedMail Configurations
********************************************************************
< INFO > Create self-signed SSL certification files.
< INFO > Create required system accounts: vmail, iredapd, iredadmin.
< INFO > Configure Apache web server and PHP.
< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure Postfix (Message Transfer Agent).
< INFO > Configure Cluebringer (postfix policy server).
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure Dovecot (pop3/imap/managesieve server).
< INFO > Configure ClamAV (anti-virus toolkit).
< INFO > Configure Amavisd-new (interface between MTA and content checkers).
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure SpamAssassin (content-based spam filter).
< INFO > Configure iRedAPD (postfix policy daemon).
< INFO > Configure iRedAdmin (official web-based admin panel).
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure Awstats (logfile analyzer for mail and web server).
< INFO > Configure Roundcube webmail.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
< INFO > Configure phpMyAdmin (web-based MySQL management tool).

*************************************************************************
* iRedMail-0.8.7 installation and configuration complete.
*************************************************************************

< INFO > Mail sensitive administration info to postmaster@3axhost.com.br.
< INFO > Updating SpamAssassin rules (sa-update), please wait ...
< INFO > Compiling SpamAssassin rulesets (sa-compile), please wait ...
< INFO > Updating ClamAV database (freshclam), please wait ...
ClamAV update process started at Fri May 16 17:18:56 2014
Downloading main.cvd [100%]
main.cvd updated (version: 55, sigs: 2424225, f-level: 60, builder: neo)
Downloading daily.cvd [100%]
daily.cvd updated (version: 18996, sigs: 955334, f-level: 63, builder: neo)
Downloading bytecode.cvd [100%]
bytecode.cvd updated (version: 236, sigs: 43, f-level: 63, builder: dgoddard)
Database updated (3379602 signatures) from database.clamav.net (IP: 64.22.33.90)
WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't connect to clamd through /var/run/clamav/clamd.sock: No such file or directory
********************************************************************
* URLs of installed web applications:
*
* - Webmail: httpS://mail.3axhost.com.br/mail/
* - Admin Panel (iRedAdmin): httpS://mail.3axhost.com.br/iredadmin/
*   + Username: postmaster@3axhost.com.br, Password: www132!#@
*

********************************************************************
* Congratulations, mail server setup completed successfully. Please
* read below file for more information:
*
*   - /root/iRedMail-0.8.7/iRedMail.tips
*
* And it's sent to your mail account .
*
* Please reboot your system to enable mail services.
*
********************************************************************

2

Re: Instalation problem with MySQL on 0.8.7 (FreeBSD 10)

gondim wrote:

< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Did you have MySQL installed on this server before installing iRedMail?

3 (edited by gondim 2014-05-17 14:14:27)

Re: Instalation problem with MySQL on 0.8.7 (FreeBSD 10)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
gondim wrote:

< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Did you have MySQL installed on this server before installing iRedMail?

Hi Zhang,

Nope, its a new server. Can be especial characters in password?
Another thing is happening: I can authenticate the user postmaster@3axhost.com.br in roundcube but I can not in iredadmin. You know what might be happening?

Cheers,

4

Re: Instalation problem with MySQL on 0.8.7 (FreeBSD 10)

gondim wrote:
ZhangHuangbin wrote:
gondim wrote:

< INFO > Configure MySQL database server.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Did you have MySQL installed on this server before installing iRedMail?

Hi Zhang,

Nope, its a new server. Can be especial characters in password?
Another thing is happening: I can authenticate the user postmaster@3axhost.com.br in roundcube but I can not in iredadmin. You know what might be happening?

Cheers,

Hi Zhang,

I solved reinstalling from scratch and I have not used the character "@" in the mysql password.
Probably that's what caused the problem in the installation.

Thanks and best regards,