1

Topic: Two questions

First the easy one. Am I correct that iRedAPD is already integrated into iRedAdmin-Pro? If not, what can iRedAPD do that iRedAdmin-Pro can not?

Secondly, is there a way in iRedAdmin-Pro to add domain aliases? i.e. we have 3 domains, xyz.com, xyz.net and xyz.org, and they should all be identical and handled as if they all were xyz.com.
I think I saw something like this when I was browsing in phpldapadmin, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to ldap, so if I need to change something in there, please be as detailed as possible:)

Thanks,
Peter

2

Re: Two questions

Caliban wrote:

First the easy one. Am I correct that iRedAPD is already integrated into iRedAdmin-Pro? If not, what can iRedAPD do that iRedAdmin-Pro can not?

Maybe i didn't explain relationships between these two components.

  • iRedAdmin-Pro manages mail deliver restriction policy settings which stored in LDAP.

  • iRedAPD read these policy settings from LDAP and do the actual restrictions, e.g. reject mails sent to mail list.

iRedAdmin-Pro ==> OpenLDAP <== iRedAPD

Caliban wrote:

Secondly, is there a way in iRedAdmin-Pro to add domain aliases?

I think this is what you want:

- What's new in iRedMail: Domain alias support with LDAP backend
  http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic354- … ckend.html

I will implement this feature in iRedAdmin-Pro, but not in next release.

3

Re: Two questions

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
  • iRedAdmin-Pro manages mail deliver restriction policy settings which stored in LDAP.

  • iRedAPD read these policy settings from LDAP and do the actual restrictions, e.g. reject mails sent to mail list.

So, just so I understand it, the settings I make in iRedAdmin-Pro have no effect until I install iRedAPD?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I think this is what you want:

Oops! Missed that one when searching. That's exactly what I needed!

4

Re: Two questions

Caliban wrote:

So, just so I understand it, the settings I make in iRedAdmin-Pro have no effect until I install iRedAPD?

Anyone knows?

5

Re: Two questions

Caliban wrote:

So, just so I understand it, the settings I make in iRedAdmin-Pro have no effect until I install iRedAPD?

yes