Topic: Heartbleed update breaks Thunderbird e-mail setup?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Following the announcement of the Heartbleed OpenSSL vulnerability, I followed the advice to do an upgrade of Ubuntu 12.04 (which contained the vulnerable version) to secure my server.

I did the recommended "apt-get dist-upgrade" command, changed no settings on iRedMail.

Mail server still seems to work fine.
However, now, when I try to set up a new e-mail account on a client with the Thunderbird program, it is no longer capable of detecting the mail server settings correctly. Before this upgrade, it was perfectly capable to detect the proper settings and my server names. Now it guesses incorrect server names (imap.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com, and smtp.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com).

Needless to say, the Thunderbird versions did not change.

Might be a minor annoyance but is there any data as to why that would happen - I am a bit lost trying to determine how this can possibly occur. Or how the mail server setup influences what Thunderbird finds.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Heartbleed update breaks Thunderbird e-mail setup?

As described, mail services are working as usual, and Thunderbird was not upgraded, no idea at all. Sorry.