Topic: Debian 7.5 upgrade?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi

I applied the Debian 7.5 updates today with apt-get dist-upgrade, on my test system, and it seems to work without problems.

However, there was a clamav update and it asked if I wanted to keep the local .conf file (I did).

I could see in the diff that there was some new options in the .conf file - what is the recommended way to do the update, and should I worry about the new .conf options?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Debian 7.5 upgrade?

We don't know the difference between two conf files, no errors, so, what's your question/issue?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

We don't know the difference between two conf files, no errors, so, what's your question/issue?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough with my question.

The Debian 7.5 update updates ClamAV and specifically: /etc/clamav/clamd.conf

When applying the updates (dist-upgrade), it asks if I want to keep my current clamd.conf or apply the changes.

When I look at the diff, there are a lot of new settings and it also uncomments the #LogFile line.

How will this affect iRedMail and is it safe to apply the changes to the clamd.conf?

Here is the diff from my system:
http://pastebin.com/ExiMZ5nF

It's safe to apply the changes.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's safe to apply the changes.

Thanks for the reply,

So should I just overwrite my current conf with the new one: "install the package maintainer's version", or should I keep the current version and copy the new settings in manually?

I ask because I don't know if any settings in the conf are iRedMail specific and crucial for iRedMail to work (like the uncommented LogFile line).

Keep old one.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Keep old one.

Should I copy over the new conf lines manually?

And, should I uncomment the "#LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamav.log" line?

martin.blom wrote:

Should I copy over the new conf lines manually?

Not necessary. ClamAV will use default value if the parameter doesn't exist in config file.

martin.blom wrote:

And, should I uncomment the "#LogFile /var/log/clamav/clamav.log" line?

It's ok, but not necessary.