Topic: Authentication problem
Using LDAP backend. I am getting really close to deployment, but run into an issue that I am sure is easy to fix, but I am stumped. Here is what what I did, and why:
- Remove permit_sasl_authenticated from smtpd_recipient_restrictions in /etc/postfix/main.cf
I want smtp only being used for external mail delivery
- Add "-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt" to smtps in /etc/postfix/master.cf
Enforce encryption and authentication on smtps port
Everything works as expected with my primary domain.
Then, I added a second domain:
- Add domain and a domain user using iRedAdmin
- Added domain to @local_domains_maps in /etc/amavis/50-user
- Generated a dkim key
- Added dkim key to /etc/amavis/50-user
- Restarted amavis
- Updated MX, SPF and DMIM records in DNS server
Now, server receives email for new domain, and I can login to roundcube using new domain user, and send email.
However when I try to send an email using thunderbird, I get:
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.7.1. <dest email address>: Relay access denied. Please check the message recipients and try again."
I am using SSL plus authentication, so it should let me relay? When I use a user from my primary domain for authentication it works flawlessly. What am I missing? Has to be something simple...
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.