Topic: Reinstall of 0.8.6 on Centos 6.5 issue

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Cenos 6.5 i386
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Reinstalled 0.8.6 after removing 0.7.4 as I didn't want to go through all the steps for upgrading and I have a small number of email accounts. No install errors.

When I attempt to login to roundcube via https I recieve: DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED! Using MySQL Workbench, I can log into the MySQL server with the vmail/password account OK. However the vmailadmin/password does not work. No errors in MySQL log.

Note that I DID NOT remove and reinstall mysqld as I also have running an opensips server on the same machine that uses MySQL. This has been running without problems with 0.7.4 co-existing on the same mysql server for over a year.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Perazim

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Reinstall of 0.8.6 on Centos 6.5 issue

*) "removing 0.7.4", may i know what you actually removed?
*) iRedMail will set/reset SQL passwords, so i think you have to reset them.

I used yumex to show all the rpm packages from your repository and removed them,

cluebringer
dovecot*
postfix

I got this list for you from the updated system.

Then started the install script.

MySQL was installed from the Centos repo so it was not removed.

The Opensips installation and MySQL database files for it were not disturbed and it is stil runniing.

Are you suggesting that roundcubemail is still using the old username/passwords?

Thanks

To get the mail server back online quickly, I have decided to reload Centos and iRedmail from scratch.

Thanks