1

Topic: Domains

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu server 12.04.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: null
====
Hi,

I have noticed that in the "iredadmin" panel there is a section "Add". There you can add domains, users, and admins. My silly questions are:
1.What happens if you add lets say "gmail.com"?
2. Should I own the domain that i have the intention to "Add" under iredadmin?
3. If yes, how do I add a second domain (and of course receive emails from that domain)?
4. Should I have to add anything in /etc/hosts file?

Many thanks in advance.

2

Re: Domains

anarchos78 wrote:

1.What happens if you add lets say "gmail.com"?

*) If you add a mail domain not owned by you, e.g. gmail.com, all emails sent to this domain will be delivered locally (on your server), that means emails won't be delivered to the real recipient in gmail.com.

anarchos78 wrote:

2. Should I own the domain that i have the intention to "Add" under iredadmin?

Yes. You need to add A/MX DNS records for your mail domain, so that other mail servers can know where to deliver the emails sent to you.

anarchos78 wrote:

3. If yes, how do I add a second domain (and of course receive emails from that domain)?

Excuse me, i don't understand what you mean. sad

anarchos78 wrote:

4. Should I have to add anything in /etc/hosts file?

No, not for mail domains.

3

Re: Domains

Many many thanks!