1 (edited by rafaelpossa 2014-03-15 03:42:41)

Topic: iRedMail iptables - How to "uninstall" or remove from boot?

Hello,

I am running iRedMail 0.8.6 in an Amazon Web Services EC2 instance. Since they have security groups by default, I would like to uninstall the iptables portion of iRedMail so that it will not conflict with the EC2 security groups.

Since I use one security group for more than one instance, I usually configure that instead of the firewall inside the VM.

Should I just remove iptables from init.d or is there anything else I should do?

Thank you,
Rafael

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in MySQL
- Linux distribution: Debian Wheezy (Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.54-2 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail iptables - How to "uninstall" or remove from boot?

You can simply disable it with below commands:

# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
# update-rc.d iptables remove

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can simply disable it with below commands:

# /etc/init.d/iptables stop
# update-rc.d iptables remove

Thank you!

On another note, while rebooting the server and testing the change, I noticed that dovecot does not start automatically. Is it supposed to be called by postfix or should it be starting automatically?

This is a second clear installation of iRedMail in this server, so maybe one of the files with boot options got purged.

Thank you,
Rafael

rafaelpossa wrote:

On another note, while rebooting the server and testing the change, I noticed that dovecot does not start automatically. Is it supposed to be called by postfix or should it be starting automatically?

Dovecot must be start automatically. No idea about why it doesn't work this way on your server, sorry.