Topic: Unknown recepient forward to another ISP server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): 20
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi Everyone,

I have configured mailserver local and fetchmail to receive emails from out ISP server.
All working well except unknown recipient.

My question is i want to forward all unknown recipient to another isp server of same domain.

Please help since i have only three days to finalize. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mail me shaiktharim@gmail.com

regards,
Shaik

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Unknown recepient forward to another ISP server

You can create a catch-all account, then all emails sent to non-existing addresses under your domain will be delivered to this catch-all account. For example:

1) Create a new mail user 'abc@your_domain.com', and set its per-user transport/relay to your ISP server.
2) Assign this new mail user as catch-all account of your domain.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You can create a catch-all account, then all emails sent to non-existing addresses under your domain will be delivered to this catch-all account. For example:

1) Create a new mail user 'abc@your_domain.com', and set its per-user transport/relay to your ISP server.

Thank you very much Zhnag:-)
Appreciate your solution.

I'm a system administrator and this is the 1st time I'm configuring mail server locally. I completely tested all configuration and its working fine;-) &  I use fetchmail to fetch emails from our ISP server to local users.

I appreciate if you send the configuration for 

Since i have very less time to make this server up because we are using a trail period application for the email server & it is going to expire in tomo.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Shaik

shaiktharim wrote:

You can create a new mail user with iRedAdmin (either open source edition or iRedAdmin-Pro).

*) If you're running iRedAdmin-Pro, please go to profile page of this user, then you can set per-user transport/relay under tab "Relay".

*) If you're running iRedAdmin open source edition, you have to set per-user transport/relay with SQL/LDAP command line tool or web applications like phpMyAdmin, phpLDAPadmin.

Sample transport/relay setting is:

smtp:[IP_of_your_ISP_server]:25
shaiktharim wrote:

*) If you're running iRedAdmin-Pro, please go to profile page of your DOMAIN, then use your new mail user as catch-all account under tabl "Catch-all".
*) If you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, you have to add catch-all account manually. Searching our wiki site will give you detailed tutorial:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … &go=Go

Thanks for the solution.
Its a great help.
I will upgrade to iredmail-pro better for easy solution:-)

thanks,
Shaik