Topic: How to make best installation of IredMail

Have not done any installation yet and tried IRedMail.

I need some help first:
So, I need to configure alot of space for the users. I think I can give the mail server 900 GB only right now because of few SAS slots left.

So what if I need to configure more space, how do people solve this kind of problems? I want to use MySQL I think.
But how to get more space to the server i already have without to install more SAS? NAS? A new server? Clouds? haha.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to make best installation of IredMail

Maybe you need LVM.

Hm.

I'm going to install IRedMail as a virtual machine, so I guess it's not so hard to add a SAS and resize the ubuntu machine. It's only to create a new volume and let it join a group?

I was more thinking on, if my server have 3 slots for example. And the 3 slots is out... How do I then solve it so I can add more space?

simon.nilsson wrote:

I'm going to install IRedMail as a virtual machine, so I guess it's not so hard to add a SAS and resize the ubuntu machine. It's only to create a new volume and let it join a group?

With LVM, yes.

simon.nilsson wrote:

I was more thinking on, if my server have 3 slots for example. And the 3 slots is out... How do I then solve it so I can add more space?

What do you mean "slots are out"?

Can I install LVM after I have setuped IRedMail without loosing any data?

Slots:

When you buy a rack-server you have slots in the front for SAS-disks... What if i have 4 slots and use 4 slots and the space run out?

(my english is terribly, but you maybe understand anyway?)

simon.nilsson wrote:

Can I install LVM after I have setuped IRedMail without loosing any data?

I suggest you do some research first, you should know what LVM is, how it works. It's hard to explain it in a short reply, so, try Google instead. Sorry.

simon.nilsson wrote:

When you buy a rack-server you have slots in the front for SAS-disks... What if i have 4 slots and use 4 slots and the space run out?

Seems you should ask rackspace instead. sad