1 (edited by adrianboogaard 2014-03-06 18:22:11)

Topic: Installed iRedmail and now Website is gone?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 13.10
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:  N/A
====

I have a "Homeserver" which funtions as my webserver and thought it would be cool to add an e-mail server.
After installing iRedMail my site is no longer visible. So I used the Ireadmail uninstall tool. Still no website.
I would appreciate any help to get my site back up.

I also just noticed that I can no longer ftp to my server

Best Regards,
Adrian

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installed iRedmail and now Website is gone?

iredmail server is always recommended to be installed on a fresh server as it will update majority of module on your server. You have tried to install on your existing web server where iredmail might have replaced entire contents. Iredmail installs its own iptables on server where it has blocked ftp access, you need to edit iptables and allow ftp port to get access. I think if it is replaced with iredmail webmail content your older web contents will not be recoverable, however exact answer can be given by Zhang.

Hey Ketan.aagja,

Thank you for your fast response,
I am new here, how do I contact "Zhang" and who or what is she he or it?
I would be willing to pay tor reconstruct my server if necessary, as I have hundreds of hours of work invested in it.
(I always tell every one to make back ups, and of course I don't have any recent ones.)
Your help is severely appreciated

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Please use below link to get it sorted if you have urgency:

http://www.iredmail.org/support.html

adrianboogaard wrote:

I have a "Homeserver" which funtions as my webserver and thought it would be cool to add an e-mail server.

It's clearly mentioned in iRedMail installation guide that iRedMail requires a FRESH server, otherwise it will probably mess up your server.

Hey Zhang,

I am not upset with Iredmail, I am upset with my stupidity!
I am willing to pay if you can fix it?

Adrian

iRedMail won't delete your website files, it just updated Apache config files. So i guess you can find your website files under original directory, then update Apache config file to use this directory.

Hey Zhang,

I am not very smart at any of this. I used a step by step setup an ubuntu server (and that took me 2 days).
I am more than willing to do $39 for support http://www.iredmail.org/support.html
if you think you can get my joomla back up and running.
As I stated my ftp no longer works either.

I can however still use putty
I made backups of  my site using Akeeba
but they are on my server. (Yes I am stupid!)

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I'm willing to give it a try, please contact me directly for paid remote support: http://www.iredmail.org/contact.html