Topic: API to Create new Users from external app

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/) OpenLdap
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 13.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Integrated a custom application with roundcube/iRedMail. Need the ability to create mail accounts for users during the registration process. Is there an API that I can use to create the accounts ?

If no API exists , I am willing to put in some time to this effort , if someone can give me some directions.

Gigen

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: API to Create new Users from external app

As the iRedAdminPro (web administration of iRedMail) is closed source and the opensource version is very limited, I think such API will be very limited as well.
Also the compatibility maintenance will be difficult - there is not official stable API.

I think, the easiest would be to start from the scratch. I personally use set of command line scripts written in PHP to create domains, users and aliases. This is working fine.

camel1cz wrote:

As the iRedAdminPro (web administration of iRedMail) is closed source

You're wrong. Customer gets FULL source code (Python source code, HTML/CSS/JavaScript/Images) after paid.

gigenthomas wrote:

Integrated a custom application with roundcube/iRedMail. Need the ability to create mail accounts for users during the registration process. Is there an API that I can use to create the accounts ?

Unfortunately, iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't provide these APIs.Sorry. But you can insert mail accounts in SQL/LDAP directly without iRedAdmin-Pro.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
camel1cz wrote:

As the iRedAdminPro (web administration of iRedMail) is closed source

You're wrong. Customer gets FULL source code (Python source code, HTML/CSS/JavaScript/Images) after paid.

gigenthomas wrote:

Unfortunately, iRedAdmin-Pro doesn't provide these APIs.Sorry. But you can insert mail accounts in SQL/LDAP directly without iRedAdmin-Pro.

Thanks - Got it to work by creating user records in LDAP and the database.

I understand closed source as the opposite of open source (like open source software - OSS).
It's perfect, you provide source code along with Pro version! But still derive any work from such code doesn't make sense.

No offense, Zhang - you do amazing work! Thank you!