Topic: LDAP mail aliases work internal but not from external

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi @all,

after setting up a new mailserver I found a problem with mail aliases in LDAP mode.

First of all, common mailing works well - as every time with iredmail wink

But when I create a mail alias as described here: http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … pLDAPadmin I encounter a problem. When sending from console on local machine - no problem. But when I try to send mail from external mail account (e.g. gmail) to alias address I get the following error:

Feb 21 11:44:12 darkstar postfix/smtpd[14772]: Anonymous TLS connection established from mail-oa0-x22d.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c02::22d]: TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-RC4-SHA (128/128 bits)
Feb 21 11:44:12 darkstar postfix/smtpd[14772]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-oa0-x22d.google.com[2607:f8b0:4003:c02::22d]: 450 4.7.1 <ALIAS-ADDRESS>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied; from=<xxx@googlemail.com> to=<ALIAS-ADDRESS> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-oa0-x22d.google.com>

Can some please point me the right way?

btw. when I search LDAP with given filter from /etc/postfix/ldap/virtual_alias_maps.cf and replace mail=%s and shadowAddress=%s with the ALIAS-ADDRESS the result is always the correct DESTINATION-ADDRESS as mailForwardingAddress.

Thanks & regards
  Oliver

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP mail aliases work internal but not from external

Is this full log of this testing smtp session? If not, please paste full log instead.