Topic: autoreply.mail.local loops back to myself?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Feb 20 10:48:45 core-01-mail postfix/smtp[4222]: CE12A3AC: to=<blah@autoreply.mail.local>, relay=none, delay=0.13, delays=0.07/0.02/0.04/0, dsn=5.4.6, status=bounced (mail for autoreply.mail.local loops back to myself)

====

I recently upgraded this platform (still indev) from 0.8.5 and now the autoreplies aren't working (or possibly they never worked properly in the first place, it's a bit vague) I've been going through this step by step, got the vacation plugin working in roundcube, it's adding in the alias for testuser#testdomain.com@autoreply.mail.local and I've checked the user for vacation and ensured that vacation.pl is in the right place and added the transport and pipe into master.cf, I also added this to the main.cf to get it to look at my hosts file for autoreply.mail.local

lmtp_host_lookup = native
smtp_host_lookup=native
#disable_dns_lookups = yes
ignore_mx_lookup_error = yes

but now I'm getting the error bounced (mail for autoreply.mail.local loops back to myself), it's not forwarding the message to vacation.pl. Either I've missed a simple step or I've gone completely off piste. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: autoreply.mail.local loops back to myself?

duh, forgot this

#/etc/postfix/main.cf:
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport

now I'm getting this

:send_vacation_email - Failed to send vacation response: Connection not established

working on it

3 (edited by vmos 2014-02-21 00:33:36)

Re: autoreply.mail.local loops back to myself?

OK, that appears to be working now. I had to actually give the vacation.pl script users details for smtp authentication

our $smtp_server = 'localhost';

our $smtp_auth = 'PLAIN';
# username used to login to the server
our $smtp_authid = 'someuser';
# password used to login to the server
our $smtp_authpwd = 'somepass';

which doesn't really make sense as every other perl script i use can just send from localhost with no login details, seeing if I can refine it

/edit, turns out the login details are irrelevant, it works as long as I send it to "mail.mydomain.net" just not localhost or 127.0.0.1, that's good enough for me