1

Topic: malinglist moderations rights

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Are there any documentation on what a mailing list admistrator can and can't do? Also if someone not on the allow list send an email to the list what will happen etc? Do moderator get any notification email to approve new email etc??

We want to create an internal distribution address email that only certain user can send email to (but all on the list should get the emails).

I've setup a new mailing list in iredadmin and add people who should be able to send to it as 'moderators'. But I don't want them to get any notification etc to have to approve emails etc.

2

Re: malinglist moderations rights

woods wrote:

Are there any documentation on what a mailing list admistrator can and can't do?

Currently, mail list has moderator or member, but not administrator.

woods wrote:

Also if someone not on the allow list send an email to the list what will happen etc?

This email will be rejected.

woods wrote:

Do moderator get any notification email to approve new email etc??

No.

woods wrote:

We want to create an internal distribution address email that only certain user can send email to (but all on the list should get the emails).
I've setup a new mailing list in iredadmin and add people who should be able to send to it as 'moderators'. But I don't want them to get any notification etc to have to approve emails etc.

Then do not list moderator as member. Only member will receive emails sent to this mailing list.

3

Re: malinglist moderations rights

Thanks, the way it works at the moment serve our need.