- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PGSQL 9.3.2
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
Description:    Ubuntu 13.10
Release:        13.10
Codename:       saucy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

Install fails to create vmail role in Postgres

Shows the following error in /var/log/dovecot.log
auth: Error: pgsql(127.0.0.1): Connect failed to database vmail: FATAL:  role "vmail" does not exist

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail 0.8.6 install fails on PostGres 9.3

I cannot reproduce this issue, PostgreSQL backend on Ubuntu 13.10 works just fine.
Any related error during iRedMail installation?

I get an error during the install process saying that it cannot find /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/vmail.sql

I believe the install process is trying to run  pgsql_init.pgsql which in turn is looking for a file under /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/vmail.sql

-- Create database to store mail accounts
CREATE DATABASE vmail WITH TEMPLATE template0 ENCODING 'UTF8';
\c vmail;
\i /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/vmail.sql;
-- Create extension dblink.
-- Used to change password through Roundcube webmail
CREATE EXTENSION dblink;
-- Crete roles:

The point is, Ubuntu 13.10 ships PostgreSQL-9.1, not 9.3. Why you have PostgreSQL-9.3 installed?
Reference: http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywo … ection=all

Yes - understand your point of view. Trying to integrate roundcube/iRedmail into an existing application built on Grails and Postgres 9.3. Can you please recommend a workaround ? Don't know the specifics , but the dev team insisted on using Postgres 9.3

You can try to install iRedMail with the default PostgreSQL version shipped by Ubuntu (9.1) first, once you get all mail services working as expected, try to upgrade it to PostgreSQL 9.3 manually. Don't forget to import ROLEs and databases after upgrading.