Topic: Roundcube how to change username

Hello,

I've searched around the threads a bit and I was unable to find an answer to a question or two that I have.

In the iRedMail Admin Panel, there is a setting for individual users, where you can define a User ID. I defined one as I thought the user could then use said user id to log into roundcube to access their email. I was wrong in my assumption. What is that user ID for exactly?

The other question I have is as follows: is there a way to have users user a user id instead of having to type out their entire email address to login? If so how do I change that setting?

Thanks

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:      v0.2.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 13.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube how to change username

"User ID" in iRedAdmin-Pro is not used for "uid" on Linux system, it's like "employee id" for this mail user.

ccastigl wrote:

The other question I have is as follows: is there a way to have users user a user id instead of having to type out their entire email address to login? If so how do I change that setting?

The username part of email address is uid by default. You can update "auth_default_realm" in Dovecot config file (/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf) to add a default domain name to be appended to username used to login via IMAP/POP3, and update below parameter in Roundcube config file /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php to add the domain part automatically:

$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = '';

Oh nice, would it matter if there are multiple domains used? Or would there have to be specific dovecot settings per domain?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

"User ID" in iRedAdmin-Pro is not used for "uid" on Linux system, it's like "employee id" for this mail user.

ccastigl wrote:

The username part of email address is uid by default. You can update "auth_default_realm" in Dovecot config file (/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf) to add a default domain name to be appended to username used to login via IMAP/POP3, and update below parameter in Roundcube config file /usr/share/apache2/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php to add the domain part automatically:

$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = '';

ccastigl wrote:

would it matter if there are multiple domains used? Or would there have to be specific dovecot settings per domain?

Looks like Dovecot doesn't support multiple domains, but Roundcube does.

Well I suppose if I can set up dovecot for one domain to use just id's, while leaving the others as is. Would that affect the others? Or would the others still use their individual emails (id and domain) for the username?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
ccastigl wrote:

would it matter if there are multiple domains used? Or would there have to be specific dovecot settings per domain?

Looks like Dovecot doesn't support multiple domains, but Roundcube does.

Others have to use full email address as login username.