Topic: SMTP only

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Deb 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I would like to have a send only account on my server.

And I don't want to store the sent emails. So, the account should just relay the emails.

How do I achieve this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SMTP only

*) Sending email with standard SMTP protocol won't save Sent email automatically, it's saved by mail clients like Outlook/Thunderbird/Webmail.

*) If you don't want to store sent emails, the easiest way is deleting them with a cron job.

I am testing iRedmail and everything works well so far.

I want to setup the email server mainly as an smtp server.

I want to use the server in a way to skip sending emails to the local email address and send it outside.

When I try to send an email to sam@example.com, I get an error saying that the user does not exist.

How can I configure it so emails sent to sam@example.com to the Internet instead of locally.

Thanks

Hi lxl1818,

First of all, please create a new forum topic for your own question, do not hijack other's thread.

If you host mail domain 'example.com' on localhost, Postfix (MTA) will query all email addresses end with '@example.com' on localhost, that's why you got this error.