Topic: catch-all

- iRedMail version: --- >> 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): --->> MYSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:   --- >> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:

does anyone have the full step-by-step guide on configuring one catch-all account on a single virtual domain?

I want to do arching on all outgoing and incoming email.

scenario: how can i archive all outgoing and incoming email from myhotel.com domain and place it on bobarchive@myhotel.com

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: catch-all

How to create catch-all account:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … /Catch-all

3 (edited by bryanbercero 2014-01-08 18:26:39)

im not so certain with those two operations, i'm new working with Iredmail and linux.

file: /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf <<<<--- i cannot find the file on this location, but on this path /etc/postfix/mysql/virtual_alias_maps.cf

contents of file:

user           = vmail
password    = (password deleted)
hosts          = 127.0.0.1
port            = 3306
dbname       = vmail
query           = SELECT alias.goto FROM alias,domain WHERE alias.address='%s' AND alias.domain='%d' AND alias.domain=domain.domain AND alias.active=1 AND domain.backupmx=0 AND domain.active=1

Should i right away replace the query line, of the text that is written on the wiki page?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) VALUES ('@domain.ltd', 'dest@example.com', 'domain.ltd');

should it be like this?

$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) VALUES ('@myhotel.com', 'bobarchive@myhotel.com', 'myhotel.com');

bryanbercero wrote:

Should i right away replace the query line, of the text that is written on the wiki page?

No.
It's mentioned in first line of the wiki page: "Note: This feature was added in iRedMail-0.6.1."

bryanbercero wrote:

should it be like this?

Yes.

to sum up, all i need to do is do this?

$ mysql -uroot -p
mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> INSERT INTO alias (address, goto, domain) VALUES ('@myhotel.com', 'bobarchive@myhotel.com', 'myhotel.com');

to make bobarchive@myhotel.com catch ALL incoming and outgoing email from myhotel.com domain.....

Yes.