Topic: iRedMailAdmin postmaster not working after fresh install

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL(RDS)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: with log i could fix it myself
====

Hi,

I have a freshly installed iRedmail on a Ubuntu in AWS with RDS-MySQL backend.
I have the same running and working with 8.5 (for a different company)
The new server i cant even get it working with 8.5.
I am using the informations provided after installation:
domain.com/iredadmin
postmaster@domain.com
password
I always get "Error: Username or password is incorrect."

I cant find the postmaster/pw entry in mySql, its not under vmail.admin. (i dont install phpMyadmin and i dont want to)
can someone tell me where postmaster password is stored?

I also have a problem with 8.6 that i cant change the language.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMailAdmin postmaster not working after fresh install

Since iRedMail-0.8.5, default postmaster@ account is a mail user stored in sql table "vmail.mailbox", not in "vmail.admin".

peter.romfeld.hk wrote:

It's a bug, and it's fixed in iRedAdmin-Pro, but not fixed in iRedAdmin open source edition yet.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Since iRedMail-0.8.5, default postmaster@ account is a mail user stored in sql table "vmail.mailbox", not in "vmail.admin".

peter.romfeld.hk wrote:

It's a bug, and it's fixed in iRedAdmin-Pro, but not fixed in iRedAdmin open source edition yet.

Thanks for your fast reply, after some investigation i found that at the new server there are no sql entries after a fresh installation.
The Tables and Users get created, but vmail.domain and so on is empty. On the new server i also had a display bug at the installation window, maybe this caused the missing entries. I will try to add the entries manually

If it's not used as a production server, i suggest you re-install server OS then reinstall iRedMail. A success installation will fix all issues.

i allready tried that 5 times in all flavors tongue
i probalby will do a new install with mysql on localhost, make sqldump and convert to RDS-install smile

also after i have the RDS issue solved I want to write a iRedMailadmin addon to create and manage forwarders in the webGUI + nagios scripts. if interested im happy to share later

Excuse me, what do you mean "forwarders"?

i fixed the rds issue with append a rds-parameter-group with 'log_bin_trust_function_creators=1'

with forwarders i mean that i have a forwarder like python-dev@company, which will forward to all our python-devs i define, and so on