1

Topic: Server Side Rules to sort emails into mailboxes

I've got an 0.8.5 setup with a MYSQL backend. 

I'm thinking of going Pro, but before I do this, I wanted to know how to replicate functionality to which I am used to.

In my legacy email server designs based on Exim, I used an exim filter in .forward to send emails (from some mailing lists), into a Dovecot IMAPD accessible mbox file in /home/user-xyz/mail.

I want to know what's the best way to replicate this kind of functionality within iRedMail

F.

2

Re: Server Side Rules to sort emails into mailboxes

fmenard123 wrote:

In my legacy email server designs based on Exim, I used an exim filter in .forward to send emails (from some mailing lists), into a Dovecot IMAPD accessible mbox file in /home/user-xyz/mail.

*) I guess you need sieve filters. You can try it in Roundcube webmail, menu "Settings -> Filters".
*) iRedMail uses Maildir/ format by default.

3

Re: Server Side Rules to sort emails into mailboxes

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
fmenard123 wrote:

In my legacy email server designs based on Exim, I used an exim filter in .forward to send emails (from some mailing lists), into a Dovecot IMAPD accessible mbox file in /home/user-xyz/mail.

*) I guess you need sieve filters. You can try it in Roundcube webmail, menu "Settings -> Filters".
*) iRedMail uses Maildir/ format by default.

So do I understand that If I go through Roundcube, then set-up the filters, then from IMAPD, I will be able to see the folders  with the mail sorted into them ?

Is there a way that I can sort the spam as well into a spam folder ?

For some odd reason, I do not seem to see Spam filtering working on my setup.  How can I see if spam filtering actually works ?

F.

4

Re: Server Side Rules to sort emails into mailboxes

fmenard123 wrote:

So do I understand that If I go through Roundcube, then set-up the filters, then from IMAPD, I will be able to see the folders  with the mail sorted into them ?

Yes - if i understood you correctly.

fmenard123 wrote:

Is there a way that I can sort the spam as well into a spam folder ?

The same way, use the Filters please. if you want to move spam to Junk/Spam folder for all users, you should define the filter in global sieve rule file (search "sieve_global_path" in Dovecot config file please).

fmenard123 wrote:

For some odd reason, I do not seem to see Spam filtering working on my setup.  How can I see if spam filtering actually works ?

Decrease value of "$sa_tag_level_deflt" parameter in Amavisd config file, so that amavisd will insert mail headers in almost all mails which 'X-Spam-Score' larger than it. For example:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -1000;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level

5

Re: Server Side Rules to sort emails into mailboxes

I can confirm that this works extremely well - both on the free version as well as the Pro version.

The ability of any user to log into Roundcube, and configure Sieve filters to start sorting email into mailboxes, server-side  and then to be able to access the sorted email through IMAP from multiple devices, is just awesome,

F.