Topic: Inexperienced VPS (Debian Wheezy 64) user trying to make iRedMail work

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7 (Wheezy) x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

It was too late by the time I saw in the tutorial iRedMail is supposed to be installed on a clean install.

Some facts:
- I had already had installed Apache, Mysql (+Phpmyadmin), Mailman, Jailkit, and some other stuff
- The tutorial I was following was for Debain Squeeze (http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-ir … an-squeeze)
- At the moment I can access iRed admin and see some accounts

But
- my VPS (only) domain (IP based for the moment) is redirecting to: xx.xx.xxx.xxx/mail, giving me "Forbidden" error
- other 2 accounts set up (via Ispconfig3) are giving me the same error (but they don't redirect to domain/mail)

It would be great if I wouldn't have to go back and re-install everything from scratch on my VPS (Cloud-based) so thanks in advance for any help you may provide!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Inexperienced VPS (Debian Wheezy 64) user trying to make iRedMail work

OK, a small update.

Redirecting issue was due to cache and automatically generated index.html file in the root. After removing that file and clearing my cache, the root website opens fine (just a simple index.html there to confirm it opens OK).

However, I'm still getting Forbidden on opening other 2 domains (accounts), as well as on this url: https://mail.mydomain.com/mail  where I'm supposedly accessing webmail interface, right?

Any ideas? Thank you!

Re: Inexperienced VPS (Debian Wheezy 64) user trying to make iRedMail work

What's the error message in Apache log file when you accessing this URL? Please always post related log here so that others can help troubleshoot.