- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- iRedAdminPro: 1.7.0 (MySQL)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mySQL
- Roundcubemail 0.9.4
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04LTS Server
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I have installed default setup and everything is working perfectly.

Despite reviewing all the config files and documentation of all the modules that make up the iRedMail installation, I am not sure I fully understand the default spam-handling configuration.

My current understanding is that all spam are flagged with "**** SPAM ***" tag in the subject line and are then delivered to the user mailbox. The user then has the option of defining a filter in Roundcubemail to move all mail tagged as spam to the junk mail folder.

If I send a test mail with the GTUBE spam test string, the mail is correctly tagged as spam and is delivered to the user mailbox.

Questions:
=========

1.  Where do I configure the spam score levels that determine the severity of the spam classifications?

2.  Are all spam handled according to my description above or are mail with a very high spam score simply dropped (not forwarded to user mailbox) ?

Preferred Setup:
==============
I would like all mail that are classified as spam (severe and not so severe) to be simply tagged as spam and be delivered to the user mailbox, where they can handle / move it themselves via filters to their preferred folders.

3. What do I have to change from the default setup to ensure all spam is treated as per my preferred setup?

Thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Default SPAM Setup

jagter6 wrote:

1.  Where do I configure the spam score levels that determine the severity of the spam classifications?

In Amavisd config file, majorly /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user on Debian/Ubuntu.

jagter6 wrote:

2.  Are all spam handled according to my description above or are mail with a very high spam score simply dropped (not forwarded to user mailbox) ?

Delivered to user's mailbox by default, no email will be dropped/discarded by high spam score.

jagter6 wrote:

I would like all mail that are classified as spam (severe and not so severe) to be simply tagged as spam and be delivered to the user mailbox, where they can handle / move it themselves via filters to their preferred folders.

3. What do I have to change from the default setup to ensure all spam is treated as per my preferred setup?

Then don't change anything. Default setup is working as you expected.