1 (edited by youmu 2013-12-04 03:24:41)

Topic: mails aren't sent with thunderbird; User unknown in local recipient ta

============ Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7.2
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hello. I can't make iRedMail works in several linux distros with several backends for a whole two weeks.
The problem is I can't send any mail with email programm (thunderbird). Anytime I have the same error:

550 5.1.0 <slon@m33.ga>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

I just need local mail server. It won't work in internet.

I receive mail in thunderbird; receive, send mail, create users with web interface; add accounts in thunderbird successfully. But can't send via thunderbird.
I have tried to edit postfix conf for a lot, but now it's default.
Don't know what to do. Please, show the light!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: mails aren't sent with thunderbird; User unknown in local recipient ta

How did you config for sending email in Thunderbird? Do you use fully email address as login username?

3 (edited by youmu 2013-12-04 17:09:23)

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How did you config for sending email in Thunderbird? Do you use fully email address as login username?

Yes, of course. I don't have any antiviruses or any blocking programms; In windows client computer hosts file have server's ip:

192.168.0.100          m33.ga
Post's attachments

remmail.jpg
remmail.jpg 10.06 kb, 6 downloads since 2013-12-04 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thunderbird setting looks fine.

- Could you please show me output of command "postconf -n" to help troubleshoot?
- Does recipient exist? Is the recipient domain hosted on your server?
- Does it work if you use IP address as smtp server address instead of 'm33.ga'?

5 (edited by youmu 2013-12-06 05:39:23)

Hello, ZhangHuangbin. Thank you for supporting.

1) http://paste.org.ru/?lncg9z
2) I created recipient with iRedAdmin web panel and I can send and receive mails in Roundcube web interface. Domain is on my server ("slony.mail" on "m33.ga")
3) the same issue with ip as smtp

*) So you host both sender and recipient domains, and sent an email from slon@m33.ga to some one @slony.mail, right? Does sender and recipient exist? Can you see the accounts in iRedAdmin? The log snippet says recipient account doesn't exist on your server.
*) Could you please show me full log of this email in Postfix log file (/var/log/mail.log)? I need this log.

7 (edited by youmu 2013-12-10 06:20:32)

No, I have only one mail domain. It's "@slony.mail". "m33.ga" is my server's hostname. I'm trying to send mail to myself (user "slon" or any created with iRedAdmin). Sending mails from "postmaster" to "postmaster" works normally.
Here is my log:
http://paste.org.ru/?ctriiw

I can see accounts in iRedAdmin, even in vmail/mailbox in database in phpmyadmin. But when I go to "System -> my log" in iRedAdmin section, I'm getting

Error: Invalid mail address

selecting note about created user.

Dec 10 01:35:29 m33 postfix/smtpd[4265]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.0 <slon@m33.ga>: Sender address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; from=<slon@m33.ga> to=<slon@m33.ga> proto=ESMTP helo=<[127.0.0.1]>

'm33.ga' is your server hostname, but 'slon@m33.ga' is not a valid email account (you cannot find it in iRedAdmin). That's why you cannot send email with 'slon@m33.ga'.

'm33.ga' is value of Postfix parameter 'myhostname' and 'mydestination', so emails sent TO '[system_account]@m33.ga' will be accepted and delivered to system account.