- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

First of all I have to say: iRedMail is a great project and the installation was really easy. So far all configurations are unchanged and sending and recieving Mails is working as expected.

But about Cluebringer/Amavis I am a little bit confused and need more documentation (which I didn't found in the FAQ or the Infos of the related packages):

SpamAssassin (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user)
I have read that it is required for SpamAssasin, to add the local domains in "local_domains_maps" - but it should also be possible to use a SQL Lookup. The required lines are generated by iRedMail, but only as a comment. If I try to use the lookup_sql_dsn, amavis won't work anymore. There was an old topic here, saying, that MySQL is not supported - is this still valid?

SpamAssassin Bayes in SQL
The is an wiki article about that, but it says that this is not recommended for production. Bayes in SQL is not necessarily for me, but I would like to use the Roundcube plugin: markasjunk2 which - so is there any other way to use this plugin?

Cluebringer Policy Groups
The Groups are already predefined and make mostly sense to me, but I don't understand the use for the greylisting groups except the "no_greylisting_from_external".

Policy Group "internal_domains"
I have been told to insert all my local domains to the group "internal_domains" but they are already inserted. Do I have to insert only some domains or is this advise obsolete?

Hope to find a solution and Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Amavis/Cluebrinnger Config for Multi-Domain

frank.daeuble wrote:

SpamAssassin (/etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user)
I have read that it is required for SpamAssasin, to add the local domains in "local_domains_maps" - but it should also be possible to use a SQL Lookup. The required lines are generated by iRedMail, but only as a comment. If I try to use the lookup_sql_dsn, amavis won't work anymore. There was an old topic here, saying, that MySQL is not supported - is this still valid?

You can simply use "@local_domains_maps = ['.'];" to fix this issue, no sql lookup required.

frank.daeuble wrote:

SpamAssassin Bayes in SQL
The is an wiki article about that, but it says that this is not recommended for production. Bayes in SQL is not necessarily for me, but I would like to use the Roundcube plugin: markasjunk2 which - so is there any other way to use this plugin?

This plugin is used for auto learning, you can either deliver SPAM to a specified email address, or send to sa-learn for bayes for auto-learning.

frank.daeuble wrote:

Cluebringer Policy Groups
The Groups are already predefined and make mostly sense to me, but I don't understand the use for the greylisting groups except the "no_greylisting_from_external".

You can read more details in Policyd wiki page here: http://wiki.policyd.org/

frank.daeuble wrote:

Policy Group "internal_domains"
I have been told to insert all my local domains to the group "internal_domains" but they are already inserted. Do I have to insert only some domains or is this advise obsolete?

Group '%internal_domains' is used to identity your local/internal/hosted mail domains, if they're already inserted, there's nothing you should do.

Thanks for the fast reply, SpamAssassin is now working fine and after activating Razor2/Pyzor i will wait to use Bayes.

About Cluebringer
I alredy read the wiki before, but didn't get the clue - I just missed the overview, how everything works togehter. After looking in the databse I got it. Maybe that is obvious for most of you, but if there is anyone who is interested, here is my point of view:

Policies
A Policy is like a filter of sender/recipients and is used in the configuration of the different antispam Modules. The Policy itself is only a name and has a priority.

Policy Members
The Filtering is done by Source and Destination pairs, so called Members. This Members are always defined as Policy Groups (this was the point I missed in the wiki)

Policy Groups
The Policy Group is only a list, where you can add as many Group-Members as you like.

Group Members
Here we can add finally the Emailaddresses, Domains or IP's (IP can not be used for destination).

You're right. smile

Personally, i don't think Cluebringer is easy to use, or user-friendly. It's hard to understand and use. I don't like it.