Topic: Failed to start after clean install on server

Hi,
I'm new to the system,
I've been tasked with setting up a mail server, ran into the ired page, loved the Pro front end (great job guys ) and so decided to run with your product.

As of yet I haven't installed the pro system. Was just getting the base config running nad was going to test using OpenLDAP 9a new experience for me) rather than use mySQL or similar as the back end user version (hopefully it will intergrate with Outlook etc smoothly for M4 based clients).

New linux box - Ubunto 12.10 LTS.
apt-get update run.
Am logged in sudo capable user via SSH.

The details: I installed the iRedMail-0.8.5.tar.bz 
<wget url to file >
tar xjvf ./iRed******tat.bz
cd into Install folder.
Ran the ./install file.
Choose the openLDAP option.

All good - no problems. Installed with no errors.
my servers hostname -f shows web01.mycompanyname.co.nz
iRed servers virtual name is plato.mycompanyname.co.nz

I can SSH in, I can telnet the smtp and get a reposnse but roundCube etc not going. I also have no apache access via web browser.

Went into the logs - fund apache not running.
A restart of apache (and the logs) shows

root@mail01:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Syntax error on line 29 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/awstats.conf:
AuthLDAPURL takes 1-2 arguments, URL to define LDAP connection. This should be an RFC 2255 complaint\nURL of the form ldap://host[:port]/basedn[?attrib[?scope[?filter]]].\n<ul>\n<li>Host is the name of the LDAP server. Use a space separated list of hosts \nto s......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

Awstats.conf shows (line numbers are mine:

<28>   AuthzLDAPAuthoritative   Off

<29>    AuthLDAPUrl   ldap://mail01.companyname.co.nz:389/o=domains,dc=companyname, dc=co, dc=nz?mail?sub?(&(objectclass=mailUser)(accountStatus=active)(enabledService=domainadmin)(domainGlobalAdmin=yes))

<30>    AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=vmail,dc=companyname, dc=co, dc=nz"

ps aux | grep 389 shows

root@mail01:~# ps aux | grep 389
root      1390  0.0  0.5 638932  8736 ?        Sl   Nov13   3:41 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/fail2ban-server -b -s /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sock
root     10342  0.0  0.0   8108   936 pts/0    S+   20:08   0:00 grep --color=auto 389

cat hosts shows:

root@mail01:~# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1          mail01.companyname.co.nz mail01 localhost

cat hostname shows
mail01.companyname.co.nz

pinging localhost, mail01.companyname.co.nz  all show 127.0.0.1 as the return IP

Obviously companyname is not the real domain name but it is consitent through all the files.

Any ideas?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Failed to start after clean install on server

Please try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS instead.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Please try Ubuntu 12.04 LTS instead.

My bad -  12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-43-virtual x86_64)

Had been working on a 10.4 server nad mixed up the numbers.

also now have LDAP Pro 2.0 - am going to try an uninstall and reinstall of system