Topic: Proper way to setup Greylisting without email delay

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey all, loving iRedMail so far! Got a fancy new mail server up and running like a champ but I only have one more issue to resolve before I write the complimentary Success Story that I'm planning on writing wink

My concern is that I had to turn off greylisting completely in order to receive emails from servers outside of my network (gmail, yahoo, email.secureserver.net (go-daddy's email server)) in a timely fashion.

I typically get the emails, but it may be 30, 40, 60 minutes later.

What would be the proper way to setup the server so that greylisting can be enabled, but I am not seeing the delay. Greylisting was enabled out-of-the-box and was delaying my mail, so it wasn't any setting that I setup causing the delay I wouldn't think.

Any answer is appreciated!

Let me know if you need any logs smile

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Proper way to setup Greylisting without email delay

That is the proper behavior - the delay is the whole point.

They delay will lessen the more you communicate with a given server.

I imagine you could whitelist some servers - I don't personally know how or care to learn how.

Re: Proper way to setup Greylisting without email delay

Unfortunately, delaying is how greylisting works. Refer to its official web site for more technical details: http://www.greylisting.org/

You can try to reduce/avoid delay with below methods:

*) Whitelist senders (single address or whole domain)
*) Enable server-wide greylisting, but disable it for certain users (your account, in our case).