Topic: Can someone explain to me, the process of setting up a new domain?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 x64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hey guys, so I am trying to setup a new domain within iRedMail and I think I am doing something wrong.

I have the mail server address -- "mycompanymailserver.com" -- and the company's web address -- "mycompanydomain.com" -- on two separate servers. The "mycompanymailserver" addresses send and receive fine, but I don't want email address that are different from the web address of the company.

I setup the new domain -- "mycompanydomain.com" -- all on iRedAdmin, and the new adresses can send mail, but no receive it.

I feel like I am missing a step here, like I have to setup the dkim._domainkey stuff on the new domain's DNS, but I don't really know how to generate that stuff.

Can someone link me to, or explain the process of setting up a new domain on iRedMail, including the DNS records I need to add to the new domain.

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by mikethelegacy 2013-11-11 07:45:19)

Re: Can someone explain to me, the process of setting up a new domain?

Just an update, I got a new DKIM generated by using the command:

amavisd genrsa /var/db/dkim/mynewdomain.com.pem

And then I added the following code to my amavis.conf file:

dkim_key("mynewdomain.com", "dkim", "/var/db/dkim/mynewdomain.com.pem");

and

@dkim_signature_options_bysender_maps = ( {
    "mymailserver.com"  => { d => "mymailserver.com", a => 'rsa-sha256', ttl => 10*24*3600 },
    "mynewdomain.com"  => { d => "mynewdomain.com", a => 'rsa-sha256', ttl => 10*24*3600 }
    # catchall defaults
    '.' => { a => 'rsa-sha256', c => 'relaxed/simple', ttl => 30*24*3600 },
} );

I added the DKIM records that i get when i run:

amavisd showkeys

to the two domains and when i run:

amavisd testkeys

They both pass.

I also add a txt record for:

@       -        v=spf1 ip4:mailServerIPAddress -all

and an MX record pointing the my mailserver:

0        -        mymailserver.com.

Again, I can send and receive from the mailserverdomain.com.

I can't receive from domains outside my server on the new domain, but I can send mail to anyone. If I send a message from user@mailserverdomain.com to user@mynewdomain.com I can receive it, but not if I try sending to user@mynewdomain.com from user@gmail.com or another sender.

In fact, when watching the maillogs, I am not even seeing any response when trying to receive messages from gmail or any other service outside of my server.

Other mail servers will connect the server which listed in your MX record of domain name 'mynewdomain.com', if no MX record exists, connect servers listed in A record instead.

So, do you have proper MX (and A) record for this new domain name?

4 (edited by mikethelegacy 2013-11-12 00:57:33)

This is actually solved, I didn't have the proper MX record setup. I needed to point an MX record (on my new domain) to my mail server domain and all it well!

Thanks a ton!