1 (edited by lhiggs 2013-11-08 01:44:52)

Topic: Can local users (on the iRedMail box) be safely white listed?

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: iRedMail-0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6.4 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I have a situation where I need users who are added via iRedMail Admin to be whitelisted, ie they should be able to forward emails to themselves or other users at that domain that would normally be marked as spam. Can this be done safely?

To clarify, the system I have setup is that a spam emails are caught on the iRedMail server, all "ham" emails are forwarded to their actual inboxes on Exchange. When I release a false positive spam on the iRedMail server it will then show in their iRedMail inbox. I would like this user to be able to forward this released spam from their iRedMail webmail to themselves so they will receive it on Exchange, however iRedMail catches the forwarded email as spam again.

Thanks in advance,
Luke

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Can local users (on the iRedMail box) be safely white listed?

*) How did you quarantine and release a spam?
*) Do you know you can specify the recipient email address while releasing a quarantined email? Is it ok for you to send this released email to Exchange directly? Reference: http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.protocol.txt (Search "request=release" in this page)

Quarantining is configured to quarantine to sql, to release the spam I have a script ran via cron using the amavis-release command. I don't want the released email to be sent to exchange directly but to stay in their iRedMail inbox so they have to manually forward it if they determine it's not spam.

The spam test email I was using was marked as spam when i forwarded it but not other "normal" spam coming to the account.

You can try to disable spam (and/or virus) scanning for outgoing emails sent by your users. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … oing.Mails