Topic: Scenario solution:Main domain mailserver and 4 sub-domain mailservers
I wonder if iRedMail could fulfill my requirement scenario. The scenario that I described as below.
I used to have just 1 mailserver at Head Office which located at Java Island.
And also we have 4 branch offices connected by VPN over VSAT (256 Kbps, latency 500-2000 ms) at another separated Islands:
1. Branch Office in Borneo
2. Branch Office in Papua
3. Branch Office in Sulawesi
4. Branch Office in Sumatera
**Main purpose: saves VSAT bandwidth usage between Branch Office and Head Office.
I realizes that staffs at each Branch Office are often to send emails with big size attachment (5-10 MB) between staffs at their own branch office. For example, Hrd.Borneo@mycompany.com are often to send emails with 5-10 MB attachments to Legal.Borneo@mycompany.com, and this traffic will use bandwidth from Borneo Office to Head Office, and back from Head Office to Borneo Office.
So if we can make mailserver at each site we can save bandwidth. With illustrated mailservers like this:
In condition like this:
1. Email sent from Hrd.Borneo@Borneo.mycompany to Legal.Borneo@Borneo.mycompany.com can saves VSAT Bandwidth because they're only use Local Area Network.
2. Email sent from Hrd.Borneo@Borneo.mycompany will be transformed to Hrd.Borneo@mycompany.com, and then will be sent to Someone@gmail.com
3. People at Someone@gmail.com can send email to Hrd.Borneo@mycompany.com, and then transformed to Hrd.Borneo@Borneo.mycompany.com, and received by Hrd.Borneo@Borneo.mycompany.com as well.
4. There is only 1 domain to be known by public, that is: Borneo.mycompany.com
5. There are hundreds of user at each Branch Office.
1. Do iRedMail had this feature?
2. If there's any limitation, what is the limitation?
3. And how to do this?
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4 x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.