Topic: Define 'CLEAN and FRESH install'

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

How do you define a fresh and clean install? My guess is you are referring to a bare bones installation of just the OS vs a new hosting account with a hosting company that provides cPanel accounts. Not knowing the answer at this time, can a 'fresh and clean' cpanel account be modded, ie, remove some things, to allow for a successful installation of iredmail?

I want to create a dedicated mailer server, out-going only, that is nothing but a relay to be accessed by multiple 3rd party domains from remote servers via SMTP. They all will handle their own incoming mail. Based upon this and after watching the install vid what would I not need to install in the process, and what could be eliminated to make this server the most efficient dedicated, out-going only mail server?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Define 'CLEAN and FRESH install'

pawlectro wrote:

How do you define a fresh and clean install?

A newly installed server without any modifications. You have Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP installed on this new server, it's ok, but please do NOT touch/change their config files. Then iRedMail can handle them all.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
pawlectro wrote:

How do you define a fresh and clean install?

A newly installed server without any modifications. You have Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP installed on this new server, it's ok, but please do NOT touch/change their config files. Then iRedMail can handle them all.

Would a fresh WHM/cPanel account be bad? I ask because although I am not a novice dealing with shell, I am not a master and I have relied on WHM for many things.

iRedMail is designed to be deployed on a FRESH server, so that we know where the config files are, and what we can change/modify. With a WHM server, i have no idea at all.