Topic: inrease attachment globally inbound/outbound

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

How do I increase the email attachment limit on both incoming and outgoing email?
Is it safe to do this on a production server or should I do it during midnight? I know I will need to restart postfix so I'm afraid that I'll lose an email or two.
Also, how do I test on a virtual machine? I know I can send outbound emails from a VM but how do I received just for testing?

Thanks a lot for a great product!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: inrease attachment globally inbound/outbound

nerdtron09 wrote:

How do I increase the email attachment limit on both incoming and outgoing email?

Reference: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic464- … -size.html

nerdtron09 wrote:

Is it safe to do this on a production server or should I do it during midnight? I know I will need to restart postfix so I'm afraid that I'll lose an email or two.

Use "postfix reload" instead of "postfix restart", it won't stop Postfix service.

nerdtron09 wrote:

Also, how do I test on a virtual machine? I know I can send outbound emails from a VM but how do I received just for testing?

Send/receive to internal user.

3 (edited by nerdtron09 2013-10-15 18:23:26)

Thanks a lot Zhang,
So that tutorial is for both inbound and outbound mails. I thought it was for outgoing only.

BTW, the tutorial works on the VM but on the production machine do I need to update any other setting like SQL records ,etc.?

And a side note after following the tutorial, even though the "big" attachment has finished uploading (a little more than 50MB), after you click the "send" button in roundcube "sending the message" takes a longer time than usual. I thought the mail is stuck.
I watched the mail.log while sending and the sits on the queue longer before it is sent and it takes a little more time to display "message sent successfully" in roundcube. Is this normal for large attachments?

nerdtron09 wrote:

BTW, the tutorial works on the VM but on the production machine do I need to update any other setting like SQL records ,etc.?

Just follow the tutorial.

nerdtron09 wrote:

And a side note after following the tutorial, even though the "big" attachment has finished uploading (a little more than 50MB), after you click the "send" button in roundcube "sending the message" takes a longer time than usual. I thought the mail is stuck.
I watched the mail.log while sending and the sits on the queue longer before it is sent and it takes a little more time to display "message sent successfully" in roundcube. Is this normal for large attachments?

Any log related to Amavisd + SpamAssassin + ClamAV?
Does disabling spam/virus scanning for internal users speed it up? Reference: http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … oing.Mails