Topic: iRedMail - Postfix - Error relay access denied

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: Relay Access Denied
====

Hello Guys,

I understand that there are similar posts to my problem but I have tried all the solutions mentioned, including those on google, and still I cannot get around this error. So please help!

To begin with, by following the installation of iRedMail, it installs Postfix-2.6.6-2.3.el6.x86_64, I try upgrading that and for a bizare reason, it does not allow me-if you have any ideas please tell me how.

I have seen that changes have to be made to the main.cf under /etc/postfix/ and I have tried doing them, and it still does not work.

When I am simply trying to: #telnet <ip_of_my_mail_server> 25, whilst all going well and I can see the handshake and everything whilst checking the mail log, when I add the RCPT TO: ... I get this error:
from unknown[ip_of_server1]: 554 5.7.1 <my_mail@gmail.com>: Relay access denied; from=<servername@company_name.com> to=<my_email@gmail.com> proto=SMTP helo=<mail_of_server1>

Any help or extra ideas ?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedMail - Postfix - Error relay access denied

alkiviadis.tsitsigkos wrote:

To begin with, by following the installation of iRedMail, it installs Postfix-2.6.6-2.3.el6.x86_64, I try upgrading that and for a bizare reason, it does not allow me-if you have any ideas please tell me how.

How did you upgrade it? RHEL/CentOS 6 ships Postfix-2.6.6.

I have seen that changes have to be made to the main.cf under /etc/postfix/ and I have tried doing them, and it still does not work.

What changes?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How did you upgrade it? RHEL/CentOS 6 ships Postfix-2.6.6.

What changes?

I tried to upgrade it to version 2.10. There is a way, if you add another repository to get postfix 2.10 which seems to be working better as it simply uses the option smtpd_relay_restrictions...
Which in another server that I built that seemed to work better.

The changes I made are around that smtpd options, and that of the recipient's ones. Do you have any specific suggestions on what should I change in main.cf ??

It's hard to help troubleshoot without showing us what you modified, and related log of full smtp session (which as relay access issue). Also, output of "postconf -n" is required.

Usually, "relay access denied" is not related to relay settings in Postfix.