Topic: Disable Greylisting for one Email ID

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian/Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hello,

How can I disable greylisting for one Email ID in a domain. For example, all incoming emails to abc@mydomain.com should bypass greylisting. The greylisting should stay enabled for all the other EmailIDs in the same domain.

I have tried the following. But the amavisd.policy is having different fields.

INSERT INTO policy (_rcpt,_optin,_priority) VALUES ('abc@mydomain.com', 0, 10);

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by john.blue 2013-10-10 04:24:50)

Re: Disable Greylisting for one Email ID

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

How can I disable greylisting for one Email ID in a domain. For example, all incoming emails to abc@mydomain.com should bypass greylisting. The greylisting should stay enabled for all the other EmailIDs in the same domain.

I have tried the following. But the amavisd.policy is having different fields.

INSERT INTO policy (_rcpt,_optin,_priority) VALUES ('abc@mydomain.com', 0, 10);

Hi Aniyan.

Unfortunately, greylisting does not look at individual email addresses.  It does, however, look at the server that is trying to send the email.  The thought behind it is that hosts that are spammers will not come back (per RFC's) when told to go away.  A legitimate email server that does come back will then be allowed to deliver its email.

You can follow this process by grepping the maillog for the word "reject".

Hope that helps.

No it doesn't help. I know how greylisting works.

Zhang,

The question is "How can I disable greylisting for one Email ID in a domain. (abc@mydomain.com) ". The domain is mine and it is having iRedmail installed. abc@mydomain.com is my Email ID. I want abc@mydomain.com receive emails instantly, but other users in mydomain can have the greylisting feature enabled.

Please help. Thanks.

Cluebringer doesn't work like Policyd-1.8, so you have to create a new policy with greylisting disabled.

Per-domain and per-user greylisting control is implemented in upcoming release of iRedMail and iRedAdmin-Pro. In iRedMail part, you have to add some SQL records as preparation, check the SQL file here:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … /extra.sql

I will mention this in iRedMail upgrade tutorial.