Topic: The .csr file ????

hi all,
where can i find the domaine.csr file please , there is no pki folder under /etc ; i need the content of this file to have trusted SSL certificate.
I'm using debian 7 with iredmail.
Thank's for help

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: The .csr file ????

*) SSL certificates are stored under /etc/ssl on Debian/Ubuntu.
*) If you're going to purchase a SSL certificate, please generate a new one yourself. You can generate one with script shipped in iRedMail: tools/generate_ssl_keys.sh.

Hi Zhang,
Thank's for the quick replay. The generate_ssl_keys.sh  script create the .csr file??

Thank's again

mekerri wrote:

The generate_ssl_keys.sh  script create the .csr file??

Short answer, YES. It generates a cert key and a private key.

Hi Zhang,
I have execute the gererate_ssl_keys.sh script, but no .csr file was generate, only the pem and key files...
Please help me.
Thank's

The pem file is what you're looking for.
Linux/BSD doesn't care about file extensions, '.txt', '.csr' is just a mark to help you understand what file type it's. it doesn't really matter.

In your case, someone uses '.pem', and some uses '.crt', you use '.csr'.

Hi Zhang,
To activate my certificat , i should copy the content of csr file , so in this case i will copy the cotent of the .perm file???
Thank's again for help

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The pem file is what you're looking for.
Linux/BSD doesn't care about file extensions, '.txt', '.csr' is just a mark to help you understand what file type it's. it doesn't really matter.

In your case, someone uses '.pem', and some uses '.crt', you use '.csr'.

mekerri wrote:

To activate my certificat , i should copy the content of csr file , so in this case i will copy the cotent of the .perm file???

Yes.

The best solution is following the tutorial provided by your SSL certificate provider.