Topic: Want to use iRedMail only to send & my hosting's server to receive.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi!

I have all my email service on a hosting (Bluehost) which is very good, has a good space to store e-mail.
But they have problems for sending, since they share the same IP between several customers & I get flagged as a spammer regularly.

So my solution is to have smtp.my-domain.com mapped to a VPS, while keeping mail.my-domain.com with Bluehost.

SO... I configured iRedMail, it's all working perfectly, apparently.
The problem is that when my users send email to each other, the e-mail gets stored at the iRedMail server, instead of being routed to my hosting's server.

How do I modify this?
The only thing I can think of is changing the domain for iRedMail, but that would mess up the authentication and it's not a serious solution.

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Want to use iRedMail only to send & my hosting's server to receive.

You can try to set a per-domain transport (a.k.a. relay), relay all received emails to mail.my-domain.com. For example: smtp:[mail.my-domain.com]:25

- if you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can set a per-domain transport with MySQL command line:

mysql> USE vmail;
mysql> UPDATE domain SET transport='smtp:[mail.my-domain.com]:25' where domain='my-domain.com';

- If you have iRedAdmin-Pro, you can set a per-domain transport/relay in domain profile page, under tab "Relay". Screenshot for your reference:
http://iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/domain_profile_relay.png

Hi Zhang! Thanks for the reply.

This would send all mail FROM or TO my domain to use the mail.my-domain.com as my SMTP server?

The thing is that I want only the mail sent to my domain to be sent by my hosting's SMTP server. The rest, should leave using iRedMail's IP address.

I'm doing this config since my hosting is marked as spammer, but for all other purposes works great.

Thanks!

starriol wrote:

This would send all mail FROM or TO my domain to use the mail.my-domain.com as my SMTP server?

It just relay RECEIVED email to specified server, not outgoing emails.

5 (edited by starriol 2013-09-26 04:37:10)

Great! It worked perfectly!