- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 6 64bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

When the internet connections is down (due to technical issue, for example) if I try to send emails, I get an error due to postfix that it can't verify the existence of destination's domains:

Sep  7 15:09:31 server-centos postfix/smtpd[5779]: connect from unknown[192.168.200.228]
Sep  7 15:10:31 server-centos postfix/smtpd[5779]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[192.168.200.228]: 450 4.1.2 <helpdesk@myisp.com>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found; from=<matteo@mydomain.it> to=<helpdesk@myisp.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[192.168.200.228]>
Sep  7 15:11:05 server-centos postfix/smtpd[5779]: disconnect from unknown[192.168.200.228]

Now I must save the outgoing email to "Draft" and wait that my isp solves the issue: Is possible to configure postfix to put emails in queue and let it try to send the messages later?
Why is not the default behavior?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Postfix - send to queue.

Remove "reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain, " in Postfix parameter "smtpd_recipient_restrictions", restart Postfix service, then try again.

It works perfectly, thank you.

Just to know: Why did you choose this setting as the default? I guess it's because iRedMail is designed for small ISPs which have a backup connectivity, correct?

matteo.frakka wrote:

Just to know: Why did you choose this setting as the default?

To help reduce spam.
If you need to send email to many recipients in a single mail, it's a good idea to remove it.