Topic: Upgrade and move to new server
==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.7.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
I've been lax in keeping up with updates on this server, but in looking at the latest upgrade news I believe it's time to do so.
Here's my dilemma: I would like to upgrade to the latest iRedMail (and also iRedMailPRO) and it seems as though the best way to do so would be to move to a new server at the same time so that I'm running on a supported version of CentOS. So, what would the proper sequence of events be?
1. Should I upgrade the current version on the current server first, and then move to the new server running Centos 6.4? Or,
2. Should I install the latest version on the new server and then try to move? I'm concerned about changes along the way in the MySQL databases.
I know that the upgrades were always required to do incrementally (0.7.3 > 0.7.4 > 0.8.1 etc) but I'm wondering if I need to do so in this case before moving.
- Urgent issue? Pay iRedMail developer to solve it remotely at $39.