- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:  0.2.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 6
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi folks,

Before to buy a Pro version, I have some questions with SSL certificates to solve.

I manage some e-mail domains from clients and these clients always use the address "webmail.<domain>" to check emails using the webmail. Also, some clients use their Outlook/Thunderbird email clients.

So, the questions are:

1) Need I to buy a SSL certificate to every domain that I have configured, to remove that not trusted certificate page from Firefox/Chrome?

2) The certificate can remove too the "bad certificate" message window when I client use the Outlook?

3) Cheap certificates can be used for it, like a PositiveSSL, InstantSSL or EssentialSSL?

4) If I buy a certificate, can I move it to a new server with the Pro version of IredMail?

I really enjoy the help with these questions.

Thank you

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SSL certificates for different email domains

pmichelazzo wrote:

1) Need I to buy a SSL certificate to every domain that I have configured, to remove that not trusted certificate page from Firefox/Chrome?

Buy one for all domains should be easier.

pmichelazzo wrote:

2) The certificate can remove too the "bad certificate" message window when I client use the Outlook?

Bought SSL certificate doesn't have this issue. But it sometimes depends on mail clients, some old mail clients don't recognize SSL certificate signed for all sub domains. e.g. *.example.com.

pmichelazzo wrote:

3) Cheap certificates can be used for it, like a PositiveSSL, InstantSSL or EssentialSSL?

Yes.

pmichelazzo wrote:

4) If I buy a certificate, can I move it to a new server with the Pro version of IredMail?

SSL certificate depends on your server hostname.