1 (edited by ShapeShifter499 2013-06-10 09:20:28)

Topic: How do I change my domain name?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring 32bit
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

I need to change my domain name, current service does not allow emails. How would I do this?

Thank you in adavnce

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How do I change my domain name?

You can change the hostname of your Ubuntu server by editing the following file.

sudo nano /etc/hosts

time4e wrote:

You can change the hostname of your Ubuntu server by editing the following file.

sudo nano /etc/hosts

sorry I meant my domain name (E.G. mail.example.com)  I've edited my main post to reflect this.

ShapeShifter499 wrote:
time4e wrote:

sudo nano /etc/hosts

sorry I meant my domain name (E.G. mail.example.com)  I've edited my main post to reflect this.

If you want to change the domain name of the mail server, say from mail.myserver.com to mail.yourserver.com I think you need to change the DNS entry associated with your mail server.

However if you want to change the domain name of the email accounts, say account1@mail.server.com to account1@server.com, you just have to create another domain in the iRedAdmin panel. Then delete the old domain.